Face creams have been used for centuries already. Using and applying face creams is essential for every skin type and for every age. Face creams protect the skin from the environmental aggression's, from dehydration and keep the skin healthy-looking.
The benefits of using and applying face creams are:
- protect the skin from the sun, wind, cold
- nourish the skin
- moisturize the skin
- comfort and plump the skin
- improve skin’s quality
- slow down the natural moisture loss
- prevent skin dehydration
- work as a day treatments
- create a base for the makeup application
- prevent dryness and cracking
- keep the skin smooth and supple
1st step: Wash your face first
No matter what time of the day you apply the face cream, you need to wash your face. This way you get rid of sweat, grime, makeup etc. This will allow the cream to penetrate into your pores and work its magic. Also use a gentle face cleanser to wash it off properly.
2nd step: Application on damp skin
Always apply your face cream on damp skin. If you wait for your face to dry off completely, it won't work. Creams are better able to lock in moisture when you apply on damp skin. After you finish, pat your skin dry.
3rd step: Use small quantities
The best way to apply a face cream is using small quantities. Using more doesn't always show the benefits. It takes a long time to rub the cream on your face as opposed to when you use less. Your face should be able to absorb the cream rather than feel sticky.
4th step: Dab it smooth
Instead of taking a finger full of it, apply small spots all over your face and then smoothen it out. This way you will be able to apply the cream on every bit of your face.
– Always apply face cream or a moisturizer before applying the foundation even if your skin is oily.
– If your skin is prone to breakouts or is prone to acne choose a cream containing alpha hydroxy or benzoyl peroxide.
– A face cream should be applied daily , even if you aren’t going to apply makeup.
– always apply the cream to a clean and toned face.
– Always make sure your hands are clean before applying moisturizer, face cream or foundation.
– Select a products with SPF at least 15 to protect your skin from the harmful UVA/ UVB rays.
– You can wear a sunscreen over your cream.
– Make sure the cream is appropriate for your skin type.
– Don’t use heavy and too thick cream even if your skin is very dry.
– If your skin is oily select a oil-free and non-comedogenic matifying cream.
– If your foundation disappear within few hours of application, or drags when you blend it that means that probably your skin needs more moisture.
– Always apply calming or hydrating face cream after exfoliation, because exfoliating causes the skin to dry out and needs more moisture.
– Never use heavy creams or moisturizers around the eyes as these could irritate your eyes.
– The better the quality of your cream the more protection from dryness it will give you.
– Never keep your moisturizer, face cream or other skincare or makeup products in the bathroom as water may get in them, which can spread bacteria.
– Many brands offer day and night face creams that work together to achieve best results.
– Always make sure the cream is well-absorbed into the skin before you apply makeup.
– Choose a cream with sun protection (SPF 15 or higher) , specially during the summer months to prevent skin discoloration, brown spots, post-pimple scars and redness.